The FDIC Money Smart curriculum consists of 14 modules of financial education content. By completing these modules, you'll come away with practical knowledge, new skills, and resources you can use to manage your finances with confidence! See the full list of modules here.
Click below to start this module (will automatically download the PDF guide to your local file system)
The focus of Module 9 is how credit cards work and how to manage them. It consists of two sections:
- Section 1: How Credit Cards Work
- What Is a Credit Card?
- Truth in Lending Disclosure
- Rates and Fees
- Other Important Terms
- Unsecured and Secured Credit Cards
- Applying for a Credit Card
- Section 2: Managing Your Credit Card
- Reading a Credit Card Statement
- Steps for Managing Your Credit Card