1 minute read
The FDIC Money Smart curriculum consists of 14 modules of financial education content. By completing these modules, you'll come away with practical knowledge, new skills, and resources you can use to manage your finances with confidence! See the full list of modules here.
Click below to start this module (will automatically download the PDF guide to your local file system)
The focus of Module 10 is ways to build assets, including buying a car and getting training and education. It consists of four sections:
- Section 1: Assets and Asset-Building
- What is an Asset?
- Benefits of Asset-Building
- Section 2: How Assets Create a Financial Foundation
- Assets, Liabilities, and Equity
- Net Worth
- Increasing Your Net Worth
- Section 3: Cars as Assets
- Cars Can Be Productive Assets
- How Much Car Can YouAfford?
- Tips for Getting a Car Loan
- Section 4: Training and Education as Assets
- Training and Education Can Be Productive Assets
- Ways to Pay
- Scholarships and Grants
- Saving Money for Training or Education
- Student Loans
- Paying Back Student Loans