The FDIC Money Smart curriculum consists of 14 modules of financial education content. By completing these modules, you'll come away with practical knowledge, new skills, and resources you can use to manage your finances with confidence! See the full list of modules here.
Click below to start this module (will automatically download the PDF guide to your local file system)
The focus of Module 12 is different types of safe and affordable housing, including specific information on renting. It consists of three sections:
- Section 1: What Are My Options?
- Making Housing Decisions—What Do You Need and Want?
- Renting or Buying
- Section 2: What Can I Afford?
- Housing Costs: What is Affordable?
- Section 3: What's Next if I Decide to Rent?
- Steps to Renting
- Renter’s Insurance
- Your Rights as a Renter