1 minute read
The FDIC Money Smart curriculum consists of 14 modules of financial education content. By completing these modules, you'll come away with practical knowledge, new skills, and resources you can use to manage your finances with confidence! See the full list of modules here.
Click below to start this module (will automatically download the PDF guide to your local file system)
The focus of Module 6 is credit reports and scores, building productive credit histories, and repairing and improving credit. It consists of five sections:
- Section 1: Credit Reports
- What is a Credit Report?
- What is Listed in a Credit Report?
- What is a Credit Score?
- Who Uses Credit Reports and Scores?
- Having No Credit Reports or Scores
- The Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Opting Out
- Section 2: Credit scores
- The Basics of Credit Scoring
- What is a Good Credit Score?
- Section 3: Getting and Understanding Your Credit Reports and Scores
- Getting Your Credit Reports
- What Sections are in Credit Reports?
- Getting Your Credit Scores
- Section 4: Disputing Errors on Your Credit Reports
- Errors on Your Credit Reports
- How to Dispute Errors on Your Credit Reports
- Section 5: Build, Repair, and Maintain a Productive Credit History
- A Productive Credit History
- Credit Repair Scams
- Protecting Your Credit History